Sunday, February 5, 2012

primer entrada



¡Hola todos!

Everything is going really well here in Santander. I slept a total of 19 hours last night!! My host mom is so sweet.. she is super hospitable. (My director told me she gets paid 24 euros/day to take care of me, so i'm glad i like her! haha) and she is definitely going to be my biggest vice in learning Spanish. She lives by herself and her mom is here visiting for 2 weeks so she doesn't have too much to do.

Today at 5 we go on a tour of the city and then later I think we're all going to watch the super bowl somewhere. I really like everyone on my program so far. 

Funny story, especially for those who know my luck- I've been a little airheaded so far, so my group is already picking with me. I forgot my book (The Help) on the plane, so my friend Patrick brought it to me at customs. Also -- I get to customs and I have misplaced my wallet. The entire group goes through customs except for me. Awesome. A nice bilingual black man who works for security has to go search for it for me. Everyone was very nice and humored by the situation. So the whole group watches me talk and flirt with about 8 policemen while the security guy goes backkk to my plane to fetch my wallet complete with passport. A dios mio. He found it and I gave him a great big American hug only to remember in the middle of the hug they give kisses. -- Needless to say it was an awkward hug. Haha, so everytime we get back on the bus someone yells something like.. do we have Meg?! :) Other than that everything has gone very smoothly and I'm happy to know im only a 5 min. walk from the University. Also - I can see the ocean from the office window of my apartment, not bad huh?

More to come!
Xo - Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment